Canada Permanent Residency Visa
A permanent resident is someone who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada, but is not a Canadian citizen. Permanent residents are citizens of other countries. A person in Canada temporarily, like a student or foreign worker, is not a permanent resident.
Canada Permanent Resident Visa Requirements
To be eligible for a permanent resident card you must:
• be qualifying visa category holder
• have met any conditions that your resident visa was subject to
• meet relevant character requirements
Canada Permanent Resident Visa Entitlements
• You get most social benefits that Canadian citizens receive, including health
• live, work or study anywhere in Canada
• You can apply for Canadian citizenship
• You have protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and
All services are subject to respective terms and conditions.