Quebec Entrepreneur Visa
The Quebec Entrepreneur category of Canadian immigration was designed to allow qualified business owners and managers the opportunity to obtain a Canada immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, provided that they can effectively create or acquire an agricultural, commercial or industrial business in the Province of Quebec.
After arriving in Canada, the Quebec Entrepreneurs will have to adhere to a number of conditions for at least one year throughout the course of the three years after having obtained their Permanent Resident status.
• Successfully create or acquire an agricultural, commercial or industrial business
in the Province of Quebec;
• Control at least 25 per cent of the capital equity of that business, accounting for
a minimum of CAD$100,000;
• Employ a Quebec resident in the business (other than the Entrepreneur or
accompanying family members) in a position of at least 30 hours a week. (Note
that the agricultural Entrepreneur is not bound to this obligation);
• Participate in the management of the business.
Quebec Entrepreneur Visa Requirements
There are a number of requirements to be fulfilled to apply for an Entrepreneur visa such as:
• You must have net assets of at least C$300,000 that have been legally obtained
with, where applicable, your married or common-law spouse provided he or she
is accompanying you.
• You must have at least two years’ experience in running a business acquired
during the five years preceding the date you submitted your application in a
lawful and profitable business (agricultural, industrial or commercial) that you
manage, alone or with your accompanying spouse or common-law spouse,
controlling at least 25% of the capital equity.
• You must have experience in running a business is here defined as the actual
and full-time assuming of the responsibilities and duties related to the
planning, management and control of material, financial and human resources,
provided that such responsibilities and duties are not assumed in the context of
an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma.
All services are subject to respective terms and conditions.