UK TIER 2 (General)
You can apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK.
Tier 2 (General) Visa Requirements
You need to have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor before you can apply to come to the UK to work under Tier 2 (General) category.
Tier 2 (General) Visa Entitlements
Tier 2 (General) entitles the holder to work for his sponsor in the job described in his certificate of sponsorship.
• You can also do a second job in the same sector and at the same level as your
main job for up to 20 hours per week
• You can also do a job which has a shortage of workers in the UK for up to 20
hours per week
• You are allowed to do voluntary work or study in the UK as long as it doesn’t
interfere with the job you are sponsored for
• You may apply for settlement if you have been working continuously for 5 years
under Tier 2 (General) and even spouse and dependents may accompany you.
• Your spouse can work fulltime in the UK
• You and your dependents are entitled for NHS (National Health Services)
• Your children under the age of 18 can obtain free education in the UK
All services are subject to respective terms and conditions.